Common Alupent Side Effects
has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occur in a group of people taking the drug are documented and are then compared to side effects that occur in another group of people not taking the medicine. As a result, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
The most common side effect of Alupent is nervousness, which occurred in up to 6.8 percent of people. Some other common side effects (occurring in 1 percent to 4 percent of people) included:
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Dry mouth
- Feelings of a forcefully or rapidly beating heart (heart palpitations)
- A sore throat
- Worsening of asthma.
Alupent Side Effects to Report
There are a number of side effects with Alupent that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Breathing problems that become worse
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A very fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Final Thoughts on Alupent Side Effects
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the Alupent side effects explained above. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Alupent. Also let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right" during treatment with this medicine. While it may not be a side effect of Alupent, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.