Understanding the Risks With Arcapta
Drug InteractionsArcapta may react with several other medicines (see Arcapta Drug Interactions for more information).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Heart disease of any kind, including congestive heart failure
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Arcapta and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Arcapta and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Arcapta Warnings and Precautions for more information on this topic, including information on who should not use this medication.)
What If I Overdose on Arcapta?Medications like Arcapta can be dangerous in the case of an overdose. If you happen to use too much of this medicine, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Arcapta Overdose for more information.)