Other Information About Atrovent HFA
Side Effects of Atrovent HFAAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Atrovent HFA. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can be treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Some of the common side effects of Atrovent HFA include but are not limited to:
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as the common cold)
- Worsening of COPD
- Sinus infections
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs or bladder infections).
(Click Atrovent HFA Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsAtrovent HFA can potentially interact with several other medicines (see Atrovent Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Atrovent HFA if you have:
- An enlarged prostate (known medically as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- A bladder problem
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Atrovent and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Atrovent and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Atrovent HFA Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)