Brovana Side Effects
Pain, diarrhea, and sinus infection are some of the most common side effects reported with Brovana. Side effects are generally mild and do not require medical attention in most cases, but it is possible to develop serious problems that require immediate treatment. Serious Brovana side effects that should be reported to your healthcare provider include irregular heart rhythm, high blood pressure, and worsening breathing problems.
As with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Brovana® (arformoterol tartrate); however, not everyone who takes Brovana will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate Brovana well. When side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can be easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Brovana. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Brovana side effects with you.)
Brovana has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials in which a group of people taking the drug have side effects documented and compared to another group not taking the medicine. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common Brovana side effects included:
- Pain -- in up to 8 percent of people
- Chest pain -- up to 7 percent
- Back pain -- up to 6 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 6 percent
- Sinus infection -- up to 5 percent
- Leg cramps -- up to 4 percent
- Breathing discomfort -- up to 4 percent
- The flu or flu-like symptoms (such as a fever and chills) -- up to 3 percent
- Water retention, especially in the lower legs or feet -- up to 3 percent.