DuoNeb Side Effects
In clinical trials of DuoNeb, side effects that were most commonly reported included sore throat, chest pain, and diarrhea. Other side effects included bronchitis, nausea, and urinary tract infections. While most side effects of DuoNeb are minor and easily treated, some may require immediate medical attention, such as an irregular heart rhythm, vision changes, or signs of an allergic reaction.
DuoNeb Side Effects: An IntroductionAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with DuoNeb® (ipratropium and albuterol solution). However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with DuoNeb. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of DuoNeb side effects with you.)
Common DuoNeb Side EffectsDuoNeb has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, in which the drug was compared to each of its two components (ipratropium and albuterol). Because these studies did not compare DuoNeb to a placebo (a solution with no active ingredient), it is difficult to tell if the side effects were due to the medications, the disease itself, or other problems.
In these studies, the most common side effects of DuoNeb included:
- A sore throat -- in up to 4.4 percent of people
- Chest pain -- up to 2.6 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 1.8 percent
- Bronchitis -- up to 1.7 percent
- Nausea -- up to 1.4 percent
- Leg cramps -- up to 1.4 percent
- Indigestion or heartburn -- up to 1.3 percent
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs or bladder infections) -- up to 1.2 percent
- Pneumonia -- up to 1.1 percent.