COPD Home > Important Instructions on Atrovent
When and How to Take AtroventSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- It is usually taken two to four times daily, depending on the particular form of the drug and the particular medical condition being treated.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Try to space out your dosages evenly throughout the day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
DosingThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The particular Atrovent product
- The medical condition being treated
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.