COPD Home > DuoNeb Dosage
When treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with DuoNeb, dosing guidelines are the same for everyone, regardless of your age, weight, or other medical conditions. The standard DuoNeb dosage is one 3-mL vial inhaled four times a day using a nebulizer. Your healthcare provider may suggest that you take up to two additional doses of the medication each day, if needed.
DuoNeb Dosage: An IntroductionThere is only one standard dose of DuoNeb® (ipratropium and albuterol solution), regardless of your weight, age, or other medical conditions. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
DuoNeb Dosage for COPDThe recommended dose of DuoNeb for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including chronic bronchitis and emphysema, is one 3-mL vial of DuoNeb inhaled four times daily using a nebulizer. Your healthcare provider may recommend that you take up to two additional doses of DuoNeb per day as needed.
General Information on Dosing With DuoNebConsiderations for people taking DuoNeb include the following:
- DuoNeb is a liquid form of Atrovent® that is used in a nebulizer. You will need to purchase or rent a nebulizer in order to use the medication.
- DuoNeb is usually taken four times daily, although your healthcare provider may recommend more frequent dosing if necessary.
- Make sure you know exactly how to use and clean the nebulizer.
- You do not need to dilute or mix DuoNeb; it comes in ready-to-use, single-dose vials.
- For DuoNeb to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to DuoNeb or your DuoNeb dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.