COPD Home > General Information on DuoNeb
Clinical EffectsStudies have compared DuoNeb to each of its two components in people with COPD. These studies showed that this medication improved lung function more than when either ipratropium or albuterol was used alone.
When and How to Take DuoNebGeneral considerations for when and how to take DuoNeb include the following:
- The medication is a liquid form of Atrovent that is used in a nebulizer. You will need to purchase or rent a nebulizer in order to use DuoNeb.
- DuoNeb is usually taken four times daily, although your healthcare provider may recommend more frequent dosing if necessary.
- Make sure you know exactly how to use and clean the nebulizer.
- You do not need to dilute or mix DuoNeb; it comes in ready-to-use, single-dose vials.
- For DuoNeb to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.