The dose of terbutaline
) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Terbutaline Dosage for Asthma or Emphysema
The recommended dosage for adults and adolescents ages 16 and older is 5 mg three times a day. For adolescents ages 12 to 15, the recommended dose of terbutaline is 2.5 mg three times daily.
General Information on Terbutaline Dosing
Following are some considerations for people taking terbutaline:
- Terbutaline comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth three times a day.
- The medication can be taken with or without food. If terbutaline bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Terbutaline should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Terbutaline will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or terbutaline dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.