COPD Home > Important Facts About Theophylline
- The medication comes in various forms, some of which are taken just once a day. Others are taken several times a day.
- Many theophylline products should be taken on an empty stomach (at least one hour before or two hours after a meal). It is best to take theophylline on an empty stomach, unless you are certain that it is okay to take your particular product with food.
- Theophylline should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- The particular theophylline product
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.