Tudorza comes as a dry-powder inhaler that is used twice daily to help treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis. This is the standard dosage for everyone, regardless of your age, weight, or other factors. Unlike traditional inhalers, Tudorza is a dry-powder inhaler that is inhaled into the lungs using your own breath rather than a propellant.
There is only one standard dose of Tudorza™ Pressair™ (aclidinium bromide), regardless of your age, weight, or other medical conditions. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The recommended Tudorza dose for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and chronic bronchitis, is one inhalation (400 mcg) twice a day. Although each 400-mcg dose actually delivers only 375 mcg of the medication to the mouthpiece of the inhaler, most pharmacies, healthcare providers, and drug information will state the dosage as being 400 mcg rather than 375 mcg.
As is typical with dry-powder inhalers, you might not taste the medication. Much of the taste of traditional inhalers comes from the propellant; dry-powder inhalers do not have any propellants. Do not assume that something is wrong with the inhaler just because you cannot taste the medication.
Some considerations to keep in mind while using Tudorza include the following:
- Tudorza is inhaled into the lungs twice a day. Try to space out your doses evenly.
- This medication comes as a dry-powder inhaler. It is inhaled into your lungs using the power of your breath; it is not sprayed using a propellant like traditional inhalers.
- It is important to learn exactly how to use your inhaler. Make sure your healthcare provider shows you the steps needed to use the inhaler properly.
- For Tudorza to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Tudorza, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.